The Destiny City Film Festival was founded in part because we want to show great movies. And we know that at the heart of every great movie is a great story – one that is destined to inspire and entertain. Screenplays are the foundation of every memorable film, and we are dedicated to supporting the writing community and the stories they create. Thus, we are thrilled to host Tacoma’s first short screenplay competition! We know that the Northwest film community is chock full of talented writers, thinkers, and artists. We invite you to share your short screenplay, and allow us to celebrate your work. All stories welcomed.
Our 2017 call for entries is now open!
Screenplay Competition sponsored by:
October 2nd – Early deadline – $25
October 30th – Regular Deadline – $35
November 27th – Late Deadline – $45
December 18th – Extended Deadline – $55
Scripts may be submitted directly to DCFF with the link below, or through the FilmFreeway.com or Withoutabox.com platforms. Scripts can be emailed to: email@example.com, or mailed to: DCFF, PO Box 7951, Tacoma, WA 98417
- The 1st place winner will receive 2 VIP Passes to the 2018 Destiny City Film Festival and a cash prize of $150. They will also receive a prize package from **InkTip.
- The runner-up will receive 2 VIP Passes to the 2018 Destiny City Film Festival.
**InkTip: Where producers go for scripts and writers.
Film and screenplay winners will receive an InkTip Script Listing so they can promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents. Screenplay winners will also have their logline featured in InkTip Magazine . InkTip Magazine is sent to over 15,000 producers and representatives. Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, 20th Century Fox, and many more. Producers have made more than 315 films from scripts and writers found through InkTip.
- Scripts must be between three (3) and thirty (30) pages in length. Absolutely no exceptions.
- Writers of all ages, demographics and corners of the world are invited to enter. There is no limit to the number of screenplays you may submit, but separate entry forms and fees are required for each script.
- DCFF will not allow substitutions of corrected pages, new drafts, or edited titles of a submitted screenplay.
- Screenplays must be received by the final deadline (December 18, 2017).
- Submitted scripts must be original screenplays and the sole property of the applicant.
- Screenplays must have a title page which includes only the title (scripts that include the writer’s name on the title page will be disqualified).
- Entries must be in English, and in PDF format.
- Entry fees will not be refunded.
- Entries require an entry form. Please keep a copy of your completed entry form for your records.
- Our offices will notify you when we receive your entry and all other required materials.
- Screenplays will not be returned.
- While every precaution will be taken to safeguard all materials submitted, DCFF cannot accept or assume responsibility in the event of loss or damage en route or otherwise.
- Your entry must be postmarked no later than the deadline under which you’ve registered. If the submission is not postmarked appropriately, or if a payment is received after a postmark deadline, we will not read your script until the difference is paid to the Destiny City Film Festival. It is the responsibility of the writer or submission contact to ensure that all requirements are met. The festival retains the right to disqualify an entry, with no refunded fee, if submission guidelines are not met.
Destiny City Film Festival
PO Box 7951
Tacoma, WA 98417