Our call for film entries for the 8th Annual Destiny City Film Festival will open in May 2020!
|Earlybird Deadline |
(June 26, 2020)
|Regular Deadline |
(August 7, 2020)
|Late Deadline |
(September 25, 2020)
(November 6, 2020)
|Feature Narrative (animated or live action; 45+ minutes)|
Feature Documentary (45+ minutes)
|Short Narrative (animated or live action; 1-44 minutes)|
Short Documentary (1-44 minutes)
|Washington State Resident (any length/genre; proof of residency required)||$15||$25||$35||$40|
|Film School Student Film (any length/genre; valid student ID or proof of enrollment required)||$15||$20||$30||$40|
- Submissions to the 2021 festival must have been completed no earlier than January 2020.
- DCFF prefers online entries submitted via FilmFreeway.com via secure online screener only (no DVDs, blu-rays or thumb drives will be accepted).
- Submission is free for Pierce County residents. Valid proof of residency is required. Please email us for instructions on how to submit.
- DCFF grants discounts for Washington State filmmakers (with valid proof of residency). Filmmakers who reside in Washington State will receive two (2) festival ticket vouchers just for submitting.
- Entry fees will not be refunded.
- Each entry must be accompanied with its own entry form and submission fee.
- While every precaution will be taken to safeguard all materials submitted, DCFF cannot accept or assume responsibility in the event of loss or damage en route or otherwise.
- All submission requirements should be completed no later than the deadline under which you’ve registered. If the film or payment is received after a submission deadline, we will not view your film until the difference is paid to the Destiny City Film Festival. It is the responsibility of the filmmaker or submission contact to ensure that all requirements are met. The festival retains the right to disqualify an entry, with no refunded fee, if submission guidelines are not met.
- Please do not submit works in progress. Further, instructional films, industrials, propaganda or promotional videos are not appropriate for submission.
- DCFF requires English language or English subtitles.
- Submission to DCFF equals acceptance of all terms and conditions of the entry process (as outlined on our FilmFreeway.com listings).
The strongest films based on screener’s feedback will be placed in competition for festival awards at the sole discretion of the Destiny City Film Festival. Awards will be given for:
- Excellence in Full Length Narrative Storytelling
- Excellence in Documentary Storytelling
- Excellence in Short Form Narrative Storytelling
- Evergreen Storyteller Award
- First Prize Storyteller’s Award
All winners will be announced at the Opening Night Celebration on Friday, February 29, 2021 at the Blue Mouse Theater.
P.O. Box 7951
Tacoma, WA 98417