It takes a village to raise a film festival. Thank you for taking the time to consider contributing to the Destiny City Film Festival in the following ways: Join our Board of Directors, Donate, Sponsor, Volunteer, or Apply to be an Intern.
Join our Board of Directors
DCFF is currently looking for individuals to join our board of directors. Those who serve on the board will contribute and support oversight of the film festival as we continue to grow. Please email DCFF founder, Emily Alm (emily at destinycityfilmfestival dot com) if you are interested in joining our team.
DCFF relies on the generous support from the community and film lovers to produce Tacoma’s annual celebration of cinematic storytelling. With DCFF being entirely volunteer-run (seriously!), you can rest assured that your contribution will make an impact and be put to good use. A gift of any amount is truly appreciated. DCFF is a 501(c)(3) non profit, and your donation is tax deductible. Click here for the Giving Form.
Contributions from sponsors will allow the Destiny City Film Festival to thrive. DCFF offers festival benefits for clients and exposure to your business through advertising opportunities in the printed festival program, during the pre-film slideshow, social media, and here, at DestinyCityFilmfestival.com. Support this community-grown event by providing services, food, products, or a direct financial contribution.
View the 2019 DCFF Sponsorship Packet, or email us on the “Contact Us” page for more information.
We value our volunteers not only because they play a critical role in making DCFF a success, but because volunteers are often the first impression both filmgoers and filmmakers receive at the festival. Whether assisting at the Will Call table, serving as a theater manager, or providing airport transportation for a filmmaker, our volunteers are respected for their enthusiastic presence and essential contribution to the DCFF reputation. Volunteer positions include:
- Setup and breakdown for special events (such as Opening Night and Closing Night)
Hospitality and Will Call
- Greet and check in filmmakers, industry members, and pass-holders
- Distribute tickets to advance-ticket holders at the Will Call table
- Sell DCFF merchandise
- Assist with general tasks at the venue when needed
- Distribute DCFF posters, flyers, and programs to consenting businesses and hang-outs in your neighborhood
- Must have valid driver’s license, insurance, and personal cell phone
- Drive filmmakers and guests to and from the Seattle-Tacoma airport
- Be able to provide guests with general information about the festival and events
Volunteers will receive festival passes, merchandise, and more, based on the number of hours worked. DCFF does not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, nationality, age (except for those who are 17 and younger), sexual orientation, disability, religion, creed, or political belief.
Please download and complete our Volunteer Form 2019 if you would like to volunteer for DCFF.
Join the DCFF team and see the mechanics of a film festival. Interns will gain hands-on experience with event management, meet filmmakers and industry professionals, and participate in film selection for the festival.
Job duties include supporting social media and marketing strategies, attending events and volunteer meetings when applicable, screening student films and presenting program recommendations to the DCFF Director.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, professional demeanor, takes initiative when needed
- Ability to multi-task and follow directions
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media outlets
- Kind, honest, reliable
Dates and Hours
August 22 – March 10, 5-10 hours a week (flexible).
Must be available during the festival February 22-24, 2019.
To apply for an internship, email your resume (.doc or .pdf) and an answer to these questions:
1. What makes you a valuable addition to the DCFF team?
2. What is your favorite movie and why?
This is an unpaid position. Candidates will be notified via email to set up an interview.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org